Need Stardew Valley Sturgeon Help? Look no further than this comprehensive guide. Here’s all about your needs. Well. Sturgeon Stardew Valley is findable in the Mountain Lake during Summer or Winter. It’s known for its difficulty level of 100, making it a prized catch among fishermen. In this article, we’ll explore tips and strategies on how to catch the Sturgeon in Stardew Valley, including the best time, Sturgeon Stardew Valley Location, and techniques to increase your chances of reeling in this elusive fish. So grab your fishing rod and get ready for an exciting fishing adventure in pursuit of the elusive Sturgeon.
Sturgeon General Information
|Sturgeon||An old and rare fish that lives near the bottom of the water.|
|Season||Summer & Winter|
|Time||6 AM to 7 PM|
|Size (in inches)||12–61|
|Base Sell Prices||200g–250g–300g–400g|
|Fisher Sell Prices||250g–312g–375g–500g|
|Angler Sell Prices||300g–375g–450g–600g|
|Artisan Sell Prices||130g–500g–700g|
What Is Sturgeon Stardew Valley?
Stardew Valley Sturgeon is a fish species catchable during Summer and Winter. The Best Place To Catch Sturgeon Stardew Valley is Mountain Lake. This Stardew Valley fish Specie is known for its ancient nature and is considered a valuable catch by players. Sturgeon fishing can be a challenging but rewarding experience, as they are more commonly caught when casting farther from shore. Players can use their fishing skills to catch Sturgeon and may choose to keep them in a Fish Pond to obtain Sturgeon Roe. The Roe, further, can be processed into Caviar using a Preserves Jar.
Uses/Benefits of Sturgeon Stardew Valley
Selling Sturgeon: Sturgeon can be sold directly for 200g, making it a profitable catch. With the Fisher and Angler profession bonuses, an iridium-quality Sturgeon can fetch a handsome 600g.
Producing Caviar: Sturgeon plays a crucial role in producing Caviar, a highly sought-after delicacy. Place Sturgeon roe in a Preserves Jar to create Caviar. Fish Ponds on your farm can provide a steady supply of Sturgeon roe, ensuring a reliable source of Caviar. Caviar sells for an impressive 500g each, making it a profitable venture.
Fish Pond vs. Direct Selling: Considering the 500g base price of Caviar, using Fish Ponds to create Caviar is more financially rewarding than selling Sturgeon directly, even after factoring in the price of the pond itself.
Crafting & Recipes: Utilize Sturgeon and Cloth at a sewing machine to create the stylish Fishing Vest. Sturgeon can also be used as an ingredient in various recipes, including Maki Rolls, Sashimi, and Quality Fertilizer.
Other Uses For Sturgeon: Sturgeon is essential for completing the Lake Fish Bundle in the Fish Tank. The fish can be used as a blue dye in dye pots, adding a unique touch to your crafting endeavors.
Sturgeon Stardew Valley As A Gift
When And Where To Catch Sturgeon Stardew Valley?
Where To Find Sturgeon Stardew Valley?
- Mountain Lake is the best Stardew Valley Sturgeon Location.
What Is Stardew Valley Sturgeon Season?
- Fishing in Summer and Winter is the Best Way To Catch Sturgeon Stardew Valley.
When To Catch Sturgeon Stardew Valley?
- The Best Time To Catch Sturgeon Stardew Valley is between 6 AM and 7 PM.
Catching Sturgeon Stardew Valley can be rewarding but challenging. Found only in the Mountain Lake, northeast of Pelican Town, Sturgeon can be caught during Summer and Winter between 6 AM and 7 PM. Increasing your Fishing skill level and casting further from the shore improves your chances. While they appear in any weather, Sturgeon are more common on rainy Summer days. Alternatively, you can purchase them from Krobus’ shop on Wednesdays (200g) or the Traveling Cart on Fridays and Sundays (600-1,000g). Magic Bait from Mr. Qi’s Walnut Room can also aid your catch rate.
The Summer season is the prime time to find Sturgeon for Community Center bundles. Utilize Sturgeon for various purposes, such as producing Caviar for profit or crafting the Fishing Vest and recipes like Maki Rolls, Sashimi, and Quality Fertilizer. Armed with this knowledge, head to the Mountain Lake, cast your line, and embark on a fishing adventure to catch the elusive Sturgeon in Stardew Valley.
How To Catch Sturgeon Stardew Valley?
To successfully catch a Sturgeon in Stardew Valley, follow these helpful tips:
- Level Up Fishing Skill: Prioritize leveling up your Fishing skill to at least level 6 or higher. Aim for level 8 for better chances of reeling in the elusive Sturgeon.
- Season & Location: Sturgeons can only be caught during the Summer and Winter seasons. Head to the Stardew Valley Mountain Lake, located in front of the mine and the Adventurer’s Guild, to find this rare fish.
- Casting Distance Matters: Increase your odds of catching Sturgeon by casting your fishing line further away from shore. A higher Fishing skill level enables you to cast out farther, increasing your chances of encountering this prized fish.
- Magic Bait Option: If you have Magic Bait from Mr. Qi’s Walnut Room, you can catch Sturgeon regardless of the season. Keep in mind that Magic Bait may be costly, so consider your options wisely.
- Upgrade Your Fishing Rod: Equip an advanced fishing rod, such as the Fiberglass Rod or the Iridium Rod. While the Iridium Rod is the best choice, costing 7,500 gold, the more affordable Fiberglass Rod at 1,800 gold is also effective.
- Utilize Trap Bobber Tackle: Attach a Trap Bobber to your fishing rod to reduce the chances of the Sturgeon escaping. This tackle helps to maintain the catch meter within the green bar, making it easier to secure the fish.
- Boost Fishing Level With Meals: Consuming meals like the Dish O’ The Sea temporarily raises your fishing level, increasing the likelihood of catching Sturgeon successfully.
- Patience & Practice: Fishing in Stardew Valley requires patience and practice. Learn the Sturgeon’s movement patterns and keep trying. Remember, practice and experience will improve your fishing skills over time.
Sturgeon Stardew Valley Dishes
|Recipe Source||Sell Price|
|Maki Roll||A delectable combination of fish and rice wrapped in seaweed.||Sturgeon (1)|
|Get “The Queen of Sauce” in Year 1 Summer 21, at Stardrop Saloon for 300g.||220g|
|Quality Fertilizer||Enhances the fertility of the soil, boosting the likelihood of cultivating high-quality crops. Simply blend it into the tilled soil.||Sturgeon (1)|
|N/A||Farming of Level 9.||10g|
|Sashimi||Raw fish in thin slices.||Sturgeon (1)||75|
|Get it in a Mail after achieving a three-hearts event with Linus.||75g|
Stardew Valley Sturgeon ID
In Stardew Valley, players have the option to spawn items seamlessly using item codes, which saves time and effort in acquiring them legitimately. The game developer, Eric Barone (ConcernedApe), provides players with these item codes to ease their gameplay. Among the coveted items is the Sturgeon, an ancient and rare fish with a decreasing population. Female Sturgeon species are capable of living up to 150 years.
Sturgeon Stardew Valley ID
The item ID for Sturgeon in Stardew Valley is . This cheat code applies to all platforms, including PC/Mac (Steam), XBOX One, PS4, and the Nintendo Switch. Players can use this ID to obtain the Sturgeon by either naming their character or farm animal with the item code surrounded by [ and ].
Spawn Using Animal Name
To spawn a Sturgeon using an animal’s name, players can visit Marnie’s Ranch and purchase an animal (recommended to choose a chicken for its affordability). Simply name the animal , and upon confirmation, players will receive the Sturgeon item.
Spawn Using Character Name
Alternatively, players can set their character’s name to  when creating their save. This method is a one-time setup, as character names can only be chosen at the start of the game. When speaking to villagers who mention the player’s name in dialogue, such as Gus at the Stardrop Saloon, the Sturgeon item will be granted.
Can’t Catch Sturgeon Stardew Valley?
Having trouble catching Sturgeon Stardew Valley? Try the following Sturgeon Stardew Valley Tips:
- Upgrade your fishing rod for better casting range.
- Fish during the Summer season in the Mountain Lake.
- Use high-quality bait like iridium quality bait to increase your chances.
- Cast your line far into the deeper parts of the lake where Sturgeon tend to swim.
- Be patient and keep your eyes on the bobber for any signs of movement.
- Consider using the “Trap Bobber” tackle to slow down the escape bar.
- Time your catch carefully, waiting for the fish to complete its initial pull before reeling in.
- Keep practicing and don’t get discouraged – it may take some time, but with persistence, you’ll have that elusive Sturgeon on your line in no time.
Stardew Valley Sturgeon Roe
Obtaining Sturgeon Roe
- Constructing A Fish Pond: Purchase a Fish Pond from the Carpenter’s Shop using 5,000g, 200 stones, 5 green algae, and 5 seaweed.
- Placing Fish In The Pond: After building the Fish Pond, add fish to the pond to start producing roe. Sturgeons are recommended for the caviar market due to their higher value.
Raising Sturgeon in Fish Pond
- Building a Fish Pond: Have Robin build a fish pond at your farm using 5,000g, 200 stones, 5 green algae, and 5 seaweed.
- Adding Sturgeon To The Pond: Place Sturgeons in the fish pond to allow them to produce roe regularly. Each pond can hold a maximum of 10 fish, and they will reproduce over time.
Sturgeon Roe Uses
- Selling Price Calculation: The selling price of Sturgeon Roe depends on the base sell price of the fish. It is calculated as 30 plus half of the fish’s base sell price, rounded down to the nearest integer.
- Producing Caviar: Sturgeon Roe can be used to make Caviar, a highly valuable Artisan Good that can be sold for 500g. Caviar is a great gift for most characters, except for Jas, Sebastian, and Vincent, who have a neutral reaction to it.
Stardew Valley Sturgeon Not Producing Roe?
Possible Reasons For No Roe Production
- Fish Pond Conditions: Ensure that the Fish Pond meets the necessary requirements for optimal roe production. Check if the pond has enough space (5×5 squares) and contains the required elements, such as green algae and seaweed.
- Fish Selection: Double-check that you have placed Sturgeon, not other fish, in the Fish Pond. Sturgeon are the specific fish species that produce roe.
- Fish Quantity: Ensure that the Fish Pond has enough Sturgeon. For roe production, you can have a maximum of 10 fish in a single pond.
- Pond Maintenance: Regularly feed the fish in the pond to promote roe production. Ensure the pond is clean and well-maintained.
Stardew Valley Sturgeon Tips To Fix The Issues
- Fish Pond Upgrades: Consider upgrading the Fish Pond. Higher-quality Fish Ponds may have better roe production rates.
- Check For Glitches: Check for any potential game glitches or bugs that may be affecting roe production. Consider restarting the game or reloading a previous save file.
- Verify Fish Behavior: Observe the fish in the Fish Pond to ensure they are behaving normally. If they appear stuck or unresponsive, it may indicate an issue.
- Seasonal Factors: Keep in mind that Sturgeon only produce roe during specific seasons (Summer and Winter). Ensure you are checking for roe during the appropriate seasons.
- Consult In-Game Guides: Refer to in-game guides or online resources to understand the fish pond mechanics and roe production requirements better.
- Seek NPC Assistance: Talk to characters like Demetrius or Willy, who may provide helpful tips or insights related to fish ponds and roe production.
Stardew Valley Caviar
Caviar Stardew Valley is a prized artisan good created with the Preserves Jar. Unlike typical preserved items made from fruits or vegetables, Caviar is a delicacy crafted exclusively from Sturgeon Roe, obtained by placing Sturgeon in a Fish Pond. Its high value of 500g per jar (or 700g with the Artisan Profession) makes it a lucrative choice for profit. Additionally, Caviar serves multiple purposes, including completing the Missing Bundle, crafting the Fashion Hat. It helps in building stronger relationships with various villagers when given as a gift.
Uses of Stardew Valley Caviar
- Profitability: Caviar is a lucrative item, selling for 500g per jar. If you have the Artisan Profession, the selling price increases to 700g, making it a great choice for making money.
- Bundle Completion: Caviar is required for completing the Missing Bundle, a part of the abandoned JojaMart. If you’ve chosen the Community Center route, donating Caviar will help fulfill this bundle.
- Fashion Hat Crafting: Caviar can also be used to craft the Fashion Hat, a stylish headpiece. Combine Caviar with Cloth at the Sewing Machine in Emily’s House or your farm’s sewing machine to create this accessory.
- Gift For Villagers: Caviar is well-liked by many villagers and can be given as a gift to increase your relationship with them. Notable villagers who enjoy Caviar as a gift include Abigail, Emily, Harvey, Leah, Robin, and many others.
Stardew Valley Caviar’s Benefits
- Energy & Health: Consuming Caviar will replenish 175 energy and 78 health, making it a useful food item.
- Regeneration Effects: The high-quality Caviar can provide a significant boost to the player’s energy and health.
- Profitable Sales: Selling Caviar yields substantial profits, especially if you have the Artisan Profession.
- Villager Relationships: Offering Caviar as a gift can be a great way to improve relationships with many villagers.
How To Get Stardew Valley Caviar?
- Fish Pond Construction: Build a Fish Pond on your farm using 5,000g, 200 Stones, 5 Green Algae, and 5 Seaweed. Purchase the Fish Pond from Robin’s Carpenter Shop and place it in your desired location.
- Get Sturgeon: Catch Sturgeon in the Mountain Lake during Summer and Winter. They are most common on rainy summer days. Sturgeon can be challenging to reel in, so using special tackle and bait can help.
- Sturgeon In Fish Pond: Place the caught Sturgeon in the Fish Pond to produce Sturgeon Roe. Fish Ponds can hold a maximum of 10 fish, and Sturgeon will reproduce every four days.
- Preserves Jar: Harvest the Sturgeon Roe when it’s available and place it in a Preserves Jar. After 6,000 in-game minutes (four in-game days), the Sturgeon Roe will turn into Caviar.
Stardew Valley Caviar Recipe
In Stardew Valley, the Caviar recipe involves obtaining Sturgeon Roe from Sturgeon placed in a Fish Pond and using the Preserves Jar. To create Caviar, players need to first build a Fish Pond on their farm with 5,000g, 200 stone, 5 green algae, and 5 seaweed. Once the Fish Pond is ready, they can drop Sturgeon into it, and the fish will start producing roe. Harvesting the roe, players then place it in the Preserves Jar, where it takes four in-game days (6,000 in-game minutes) to turn into the valuable Caviar. These artisan goods can be sold for a substantial profit, used to complete the Missing Bundle at JojaMart, and given as a gift to certain villagers to improve relationships.
Sturgeon Stardew Valley is a prized fish found in the mountain lake during Summer and Winter. Placing Sturgeon in a Fish Pond allows them to reproduce and produce valuable Roe. Using a Preserves Jar, players can turn the Roe into the highly sought-after artisan good, Caviar. This delicacy fetches a high price when sold, making it a lucrative item for players aiming to boost their in-game profits. With its unique role in the game’s economy and its popularity as a gift among villagers, Sturgeon and its products are highly valued assets in the world of Stardew Valley.
Frequently Asked Questions
To get a Sturgeon in Stardew Valley, cast your fishing rod farther from shore for a better chance. You can also purchase a Sturgeon from Krobus’ shop on Wednesdays for 200g or find it at the Traveling Cart for 600-1,000g.
Players can catch Sturgeon Stardew Valley by fishing in the Mountain Lake. This is the only location where it is catchable.
You can catch a Sturgeon Stardew Valley during the Summer and Winter seasons between 6 AM and 7 PM.
To catch a Sturgeon in Stardew Valley, level up your fishing skill to at least 6 and use an advanced fishing rod with a Trap Bobber, and head to the Mountain Lake during Summer and Winter between 6 AM and 7 PM.
The sturgeon may not be spawning in Stardew Valley due to incorrect season or time, insufficient fishing skill level, or the fish pond not being set up correctly.
Sturgeon’s favorite bait is the Dressed Spinner.
Yes, Sturgeon is a rare fish in Stardew Valley. It can be challenging to catch and has limited spawning conditions, making it less common compared to other fish in the game.
No, you cannot catch a Sturgeon with a Training Rod in Stardew Valley. The Sturgeon requires an advanced fishing rod, such as the Fiberglass Rod or the Iridium Rod, to catch successfully.