In the tranquil world of Stardew Valley, where farming and adventure intertwine, lies a captivating fish known for its vibrant colors and hidden surprises—the Rainbow Trout. Nestled in the freshwater rivers and serene lakes, this beautiful fish has captured the hearts of players, offering not only a rewarding fishing experience but also a plethora of uses and quests to embark upon.
In this article, we embark on a journey to uncover the secrets and significance of the Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout. We’ll discover why it remains a beloved and cherished aspect of this charming farming simulation game. So, grab your fishing rod and join us to explore the wonders of the Rainbow Trout.
Rainbow Trout General Information
|Rainbow Trout||A freshwater fish with colorful markings|
|Locations||River, Mountain Lake|
|Time||6 AM to 7 PM|
|Size (in inches)||10–26|
|Base Sell Prices||65g–81g–97g–130g|
|Fisher Sell Prices||81g–101g–121g–162g|
|Angler Sell Prices||97g–121g–145g–195g|
|Artisan Sell Prices||62g–124g–173g|
What Is Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout?
Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout is a beautiful and colorful fish found in freshwater rivers during both Spring and Fall. Catching them requires a fishing rod and some fishing skill. Once caught, players can eat Rainbow Trout for 65 Energy and 29 Health. Additionally, players can sell them for profit, especially if they have the Angler skill and catch an iridium-quality fish.
Though not needed for Community Center bundles, Rainbow Trout are vital for completing quests on the Help Wanted and Special Orders board. Fulfilling certain Special Orders rewards players with the valuable Farm Computer recipe. Moreover, players can keep Rainbow Trout in ponds on their farms, starting a population that produces Roe. As the population grows, you can get more valuable items like Rainbow Shells and even rare Prismatic Shards (0.9% probability).
Uses/Benefits of Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout
- Fish Pond Production: When players choose to stock a Fish Pond with Rainbow Trout, they discover that these seemingly ordinary fish can produce incredibly rare and valuable items. The Fish Pond becomes a lucrative source of income. As the population of Rainbow Trout grows and they produce valuable items like Rainbow Shells and even rare Prismatic Shards. This unexpected benefit resonates with the Rainbow Trout’s colorful nature, making them a fantastic addition to any farm.
- Cooking Ingredients: Players can use Rainbow Trout to create a variety of delicious dishes. Cooking adds diversity to the recipes available to players and allows them to experiment with different food options.
- Quests & Special Orders: Rainbow Trout play a role in various quests and special orders during the summer season. Players may receive requests from town members, including Demetrius and Wily, to provide 1-4 Rainbow Trout for 65g per fish. Additionally, some random quests may involve requesting a Rainbow Trout for 195g, along with gaining friendship points with the requester. Moreover, starting in Year 2, Demetrius may request 10 Rainbow Trout to prevent overpopulation in local Pelican Town waters. Fulfilling these requests can lead to valuable rewards and foster relationships with the town’s residents.
- Tailoring Materials: Rainbow Trout can also be utilized in the Sewing Machine to create the Fish Shirt design. Placing the fish in the spool of the sewing machine results in the creation of this unique shirt. Furthermore, if players prefer to use the Rainbow Trout as a dye, they can place it in the dye pots at Emily’s house, transforming it into orange dye.
Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout As A Gift
When And Where To Catch Rainbow Trout?
Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout Locations
- Pelican Town Rivers
- Cindersap Forest Areas
- Mountain Lake
Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout Time
- Summer Season
- 6 AM to 7 PM
During the Summer season, Stardew Valley players can encounter the elusive Rainbow Trout between 6 AM and 7 PM. These vibrant and colorful fish inhabit specific locations, including the rivers within the Pelican Town and Cindersap Forest areas. The game grants players immediate access to these locations without the need for unlocking.
One important factor to keep in mind is that players can successfully catch Rainbow Trout only during sunny weather. Attempting to fish for them during rainy weather will yield no results. To have a chance at encountering and catching these beautiful fish, players must wait for the sun to shine upon the tranquil waters.
How To Catch Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout: Tips & Tricks
Though Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout have a bit of a high difficulty level, players can easily catch them. Here are the key catching tips for Rainbow Trout in Stardew Valley.
- Difficulty & Behavior: Rainbow Trout have a difficulty of 45 and a behavior labeled as “Mixed.” They move normally and at an easy-to-follow speed, making them relatively easy to catch.
- Fishing Gear & Bait: Catching Rainbow Trout doesn’t necessarily require a better fishing rod or bait, though using bait can increase your chances of catching more than one fish.
- Best Fishing Spot For Time: If you want the quickest fishing spot to access, head to the river in Cindersap Forest, located right below your farm. This location saves you time compared to other fishing areas that require navigating through separate areas.
- Best Fishing Spot For More Fish: For more fishing opportunities and a diverse catch, choose the Mountain lake. Besides Rainbow Trout, the fish there are available in any weather and can be caught for longer periods.
- Considerate Fishing Zones: Be mindful of your fishing zone when casting your line. Each tile in the water has a specific zone determined by its distance from land on all sides, with zones ranging up to “5.” Fishing closer to land results in fewer fish, which might be advantageous when targeting Rainbow Trout. Conversely, casting farther from land yields more fish catches, ideal for those seeking a variety of catches.
Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout Dishes
|Name||Description||Ingredients||Energy & Health||Recipe Source||Sell Price|
|Maki Roll||A delectable combination of fish and rice wrapped in seaweed.||Rainbow Trout (1)|
|Get “The Queen of Sauce” in Year 1, Summer 21, at Stardrop Saloon for 300g.||220g|
|Quality Fertilizer||Enhances the fertility of the soil, boosting the likelihood of cultivating high-quality crops. Simply blend it into the tilled soil.||Rainbow Trout (1)|
|N/A||Farming of Level 9.||10g|
|Sashimi||Raw fish in thin slices.||Rainbow Trout (1)||75|
|Get it in a Mail after achieving a three-hearts event with Linus.||75g|
|Trout Soup||Has a salty taste.||Rainbow Trout (1)|
Green Algae (1)
|Get the latest episode of “The Queen of Sauce” on Year 1, Fall 14.||100g|
Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout Quest
In Stardew Valley, players have the opportunity to complete various quests involving Rainbow Trout. The following quests revolve around the fish and offer rewards for their completion.
- During the Summer season, players can find Rainbow Trout-related quests on Pierre’s Help Wanted Board.
- Someone may request one Rainbow Trout, offering a generous reward of 195g and 150 Friendship points.
- Additionally, Demetrius or Willy might request 1-4 pieces of this fish, providing a payment of 65g per fish while allowing players to keep the fish.
- Moreover, on the Special Order’s Board, Demetrius may order ten Rainbow Trout, offering their market value as payment along with the coveted Farm Computer recipe.
Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout ID
In the enchanting world of Stardew Valley, every item, object, and entity has a unique digital identity known as an ID. The Rainbow Trout, a vibrant and beloved fish found in the game’s freshwater rivers, is no exception. Here is all about the Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout ID, its significance, role, and implications within the game’s programming and mechanics.
What is the Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout ID?
The Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout ID  is a specific numerical code or identifier assigned to the Rainbow Trout fish in the game’s programming. As a digital representation of the fish, this ID serves as a crucial link between the virtual world of Stardew Valley and the game’s underlying code. It allows the game to recognize, distinguish, and interact with the Rainbow Trout as a distinct entity, separate from other fish and items in the game.
The Significance of Unique IDs
In game development, using unique IDs for items and entities is fundamental to maintain order, organization, and efficient data management. The Rainbow Trout’s ID, 138, ensures that it remains separate and distinguishable from other fish and items, preventing any confusion or conflicts within the game’s mechanics.
Ensuring Consistency & Stability
Assigning a specific ID to the Rainbow Trout contributes to the game’s consistency and stability. This means that regardless of the player’s actions or progress in the game, the fish will retain its designated properties, attributes, and interactions. Whether it’s for fishing difficulty, selling price, energy and health values when consumed, or any other related functions, the ID ensures that the Rainbow Trout remains consistent throughout the player’s gaming experience.
Quests, Rewards & Interactions
The Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout ID plays a pivotal role in quests and interactions involving the fish. From Help Wanted Board requests to special orders and rewards, the unique ID allows the game to recognize the Rainbow Trout as a quest item and trigger corresponding events accordingly. This grants players the opportunity to engage in various quests, earn rewards, and progress in the game by interacting with the Rainbow Trout in specific ways.
Cheat Codes & Spawning
Although Stardew Valley does not have traditional cheat codes, players can use a clever workaround to spawn items, including the Rainbow Trout. By setting the character’s name or the name of an animal to the item code  surrounded by square brackets, players can “cheat” to receive the fish in their inventory. This method adds an element of fun and convenience for players who wish to experiment or accelerate their progress in the game.
The Rainbow Trout ID, 138, is a universal code that applies to all platforms, making it consistent across PC/Mac (Steam), XBOX One, PS4, and the Nintendo Switch. This cross-platform compatibility ensures that players on different devices can experience the same interactions, benefits, and challenges associated with the Rainbow Trout.
Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout Pond
Stardew Valley offers a plethora of activities to keep players engaged, and one of the most rewarding endeavors is creating a Rainbow Trout pond on their farm. Delighting in the vibrant colors and serenity of these beautiful fish is an enjoyable and lucrative addition to any farm. In the following lines, we’ll explore the steps to build a thriving Rainbow Trout pond and the benefits it brings.
Understanding Rainbow Trout Stardew Valley
Before diving into the pond-building process, let’s get to know the Rainbow Trout better. These freshwater wonders are known for their vivid markings, resembling the real-life species. In Stardew Valley, Rainbow Trout have a moderate difficulty and exhibit a “Mixed” behavior, making them relatively easy to catch, especially in sunny weather.
Choosing The Ideal Pond Location
Selecting the right spot for your Rainbow Trout pond is crucial for its success. Ideally, find an open area near your farmhouse that receives plenty of sunlight. The pond should be adjacent to a water source, such as a river or lake, to mimic the natural habitat of these fish.
Building The Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout Pond
Once you’ve identified the perfect location, it’s time to build the pond. Head to Robin’s carpentry shop and choose the “Construct Farm Buildings” option. Opt for the “Fish Pond” category, and then select the Rainbow Trout pond blueprint. Gather the necessary materials, including wood, stone, and copper bars, to begin construction.
Stocking The Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout Pond
After the pond is completed, it’s time to introduce the Rainbow Trout. Acquire at least one Rainbow Trout from the rivers of Pelican Town or Cindersap Forest, and place it into the pond. As the population grows, the pond will produce Roe, a valuable item that can be collected and sold for profit.
Pond Maintenance & Upgrades
To ensure your Rainbow Trout pond remains thriving, perform regular maintenance. Keep the pond clean and remove any debris or weeds that might hinder the fish’s growth. Additionally, consider upgrading the pond to increase its capacity and improve the quality of the items it produces.
Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout Fish Pond
In Stardew Valley, the Rainbow Trout Fish Pond is a valuable addition to any farm. It offers a steady source of income through harvesting Roe, which can be sold for profit. By placing at least one Rainbow Trout in the pond, players can initiate population growth, leading to the production of more valuable items like Rainbow Shells and even rare Prismatic Shards.
Benefits of Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout Fish Pond
- Steady & Diversified Income: The Pond provides a regular income source through harvesting Roe. As the population of Rainbow Trout grows, so does the quantity of Roe collected, resulting in a steady stream of profit for the player. It also adds diversity to the player’s income sources. This ensures a well-rounded and stable financial situation on the farm.
- Valuable Items: Apart from Roe, the pond has the potential to produce other valuable items like Rainbow Shells and rare Prismatic Shards. These items can be sold for a significant amount of money or used for crafting purposes, offering additional opportunities for earning rewards.
- Quest Completion: The Fish Pond plays a crucial role in completing quests and special orders on the Help Wanted and Special Orders board. Utilizing the fish from the pond for these quests rewards players with useful items and unlocks the coveted Farm Computer recipe.
- Low Maintenance: Once established, the Rainbow Trout Fish Pond requires minimal upkeep. Regular maintenance involves removing debris and weeds to ensure the fish’s well-being, making it an efficient and low-maintenance feature on the farm.
- Enhanced Farm Aesthetics: The presence of a picturesque Rainbow Trout Fish Pond adds beauty and tranquility to the farm landscape. The vibrant colors of the Rainbow Trout and the serene water create an aesthetically pleasing focal point on the farm.
- Fishing Convenience: Having a Rainbow Trout Fish Pond eliminates the need to venture out to rivers or lakes to catch Rainbow Trout. Players can conveniently access the fish from the pond, saving time and effort.
- Long-Term Investment: Over time, the Rainbow Trout Fish Pond becomes increasingly profitable as the fish population grows and more valuable items are produced. It serves as a long-term investment for a sustainable and lucrative farming experience.
Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout Prismatic Shard
In the enchanting world of Stardew Valley, the Rainbow Trout is a fish known for its vibrant colors and calming presence in freshwater rivers. However, beneath its seemingly ordinary exterior lies a fascinating secret—the potential to yield one of the rarest and most coveted items in the game, the Prismatic Shard. Here, we’ll dive into the intriguing connection between Rainbow Trout and Prismatic Shards, unraveling the mysteries and uncovering the incredible rewards that await lucky farmers.
The Enigmatic Prismatic Shard
The Prismatic Shard is a legendary and elusive item in Stardew Valley. Possessing a mesmerizing array of colors, it has captivated players with its beauty and enigmatic properties. These rare shards are essential for unlocking the galaxy sword and Junimo Hut, two prized assets in the game.
The Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout’s Hidden Gift
Though Rainbow Trout may appear to be ordinary fish, they hold a hidden gift for those with luck on their side. The chance of receiving a Prismatic Shard as a rare treasure from catching a Rainbow Trout adds an element of excitement to every fishing endeavor. For fortunate farmers, this hidden connection turns the pursuit of these vibrant fish into a quest for a legendary prize.
The Thrill of Discovery
Uncovering a Prismatic Shard from a Rainbow Trout is a moment of pure elation for Stardew Valley players. The thrill of discovery and the anticipation of a potential life-changing event create a sense of wonder and joy. The journey to catch more Rainbow Trout becomes not only a quest for profit but also a quest for the extraordinary.
Unlocking The Galaxy Sword
The Prismatic Shard’s significance extends beyond its rarity—it plays a crucial role in unlocking the Galaxy Sword, a powerful weapon with unparalleled strength. For players seeking to enhance their combat abilities and challenge the treacherous depths of the Skull Cavern, acquiring the Prismatic Shard is a worthy goal.
Building The Junimo Hut
The Prismatic Shard is necessary for building the Junimo Hut, where friendly Junimos help manage and harvest crops, reducing the player’s workload and enhancing farm efficiency. The Junimo Hut is a coveted asset for those aiming to optimize their farming operations and create a flourishing and harmonious farmstead.
The Perfect Blend of Beauty & Mystery
The interplay between the Rainbow Trout and the Prismatic Shard beautifully embodies Stardew Valley’s essence—a harmonious blend of beauty and mystery. It celebrates the unexpected wonders that can be found in the most unassuming places, encouraging players to explore, experiment, and cherish the little surprises that make the game so enchanting.
The Stardew Valley Rainbow Trout is a captivating and valuable fish that adds depth and excitement to the virtual farming experience. Its vibrant colors, ease of catch, and versatility make it an excellent choice for fishing, cooking, and completing quests. Moreover, the chance of spawning rare Prismatic Shards in Fish Ponds adds an element of mystery and delight for players. Whether used for culinary creations, fulfilling requests on the Help Wanted Board, or simply enjoying the serenity of fishing in the game’s picturesque rivers, the Rainbow Trout remains a cherished and essential aspect of Stardew Valley. So, grab your fishing rod, head to the rivers, and let the journey to catch these beautiful and rewarding fish begin.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best place to catch Rainbow Trout in Stardew Valley is the river in Cindersap Forest. It offers quick access right below your farm, making fishing trips convenient and efficient. For ease and speed, head to the Cindersap Forest river for a better chance at catching Rainbow Trout.
In Stardew Valley, you can catch Rainbow Trout during the Summer season between 6 AM and 7 PM. This is the designated time range when the fish are most active in the rivers of Pelican Town and Cindersap Forest, as well as the lake in the Mountains.
You can get Rainbow Trout in Stardew Valley by fishing in the river during the Summer season between 6 AM and 7 PM.
With a Rainbow Trout in Stardew Valley, you can:
Eat it for 65 Energy and 29 Health.
Sell it for 65g (base price).
Use it in various cooking recipes, such as Maki Rolls, Sashimi, Trout Soup, and Quality Fertilizer.
Complete quests and special orders that may request Rainbow Trout as an item.
Keep it in a fish pond to spawn valuable items like Prismatic Shards (0.9% chance).
The drop rate of getting a Prismatic Shard from Rainbow Trout ponds in Stardew Valley is 0.1%, which means it represents one out of 1,000 drops from the pond. While not common, obtaining a Prismatic Shard from the Rainbow Trout pond is a rare but highly rewarding occurrence for players.