Welcome to the enchanting world of Stardew Valley, where fishing enthusiasts are captivated by the thrill of catching the elusive Catfish. This prized fish species presents an exciting challenge for players to master. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the secrets of locating and catching the Catfish, including its seasonal availability, preferred habitats, and the essential tools needed for a successful fishing expedition. Join us on this fishing adventure as we unravel the mysteries surrounding the Catfish and discover the various ways to utilize this prized catch on your farm. Let’s dive in and reel in the excitement.
Catfish General Information
|Catfish||A rare fish discovered in flowing streams|
|Locations||River, Secret Woods, Witch’s Swamp|
|Time||6 AM to 12 AM|
|Gifting||Love for Willy|
|Size (in inches)||12–73|
|Base Sell Prices||200g–250g–300g–400g|
|Fisher Sell Prices||250g–312g–375g–500g|
|Angler Sell Prices||300g–375g–450g–600g|
|Artisan Sell Prices||130g–260g–364g|
What Is Catfish Stardew Valley?
Catfish is a valuable freshwater fish, sporting a brown color with black fins, red eyes, and whiskers. During the fishing mini-game, it exhibits a mixed behavior, following a relatively straightforward movement pattern. However, with a difficulty rating of 75, it poses a decent challenge for anglers aiming to reel it in. The Catfish comes in varying sizes, spanning from 12 to 73 inches.
Each fish is assigned a predetermined difficulty rating, ranging from 5 to 110. The Legendary fish, such as the elusive Legend itself, hold the highest difficulty rating of 110, making them the toughest to catch. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the Carp proves to be the easiest catch with a mere difficulty rating of 15. So, if you’re up for a fishing adventure, try your luck with the Catfish, but be prepared for its moderately challenging gameplay.
Uses/Benefits of Catfish Stardew Valley
- Complete The River Fish Bundle: Giving Catfish to the Community Center fulfills the River Fish bundle and rewards you with 30 pieces of Bait.
- Gift It To Willy: Willy loves Catfish as a gift, gaining you friendship points. Others are neutral or dislike it.
- Store It For Quests: Keep Catfish for item delivery or fishing quests to earn gold and more friendship points.
- Use It For Crafting: Catfish can be used for making Quality Fertilizer.
- Use It For Cooking: Cook Maki Roll or Sashimi for added energy and health benefits.
- Tailor With It: Make a fish shirt with the sewing machine using Catfish.
- Make A Catfish Pond: Catfish in a Fish Pond produce valuable Roe that can be turned into Aged Roe for profit.
- Save It For The Luau: Offer a Gold or Iridium quality Catfish at the Luau to impress the Governor and gain friendship with everyone.
- Eat It: Consuming Catfish boosts your energy and health, with better results for higher-quality specimens.
Catfish As A Gift
When And Where To Catch Catfish Stardew Valley?
Best Place To Catch Catfish Stardew Valley
- The Pelican Town Rivers
- The Cindersap Forest Rivers
- Secret Woods
- The Witch’s Swamp
- The Riverlands Farm
- The Forest Farm
- The Hill-Top Farm
Best Time To Catch A Catfish Stardew Valley
- 6 AM – 12 AM (with rainy weather in spring and fall)
The Catfish is a sought-after catch which lives in rivers within various locations, such as Pelican Town, Cindersap Forest, and the Secret Woods. Additionally, you may encounter them in the Witches Swamp or specific farm maps like Hill-top or Riverlands Farm. Catching a Catfish can be quite tricky as they are only available during rainy weather, typically in the Spring and Fall seasons. However, if you have a Rain Totem, you can manipulate the weather and have a chance to catch them even in the Winter. The optimal fishing hours for Catfish are between 6 AM to 12 AM during rainy conditions.
If fishing isn’t your forte, there’s an alternative way to obtain Catfish. You might spot them being sold at the Traveling Cart from time to time, with prices ranging from 600g to 1,000g. So, keep an eye on the weather forecasts and make your way to the right fishing spots to increase your chances of catching this elusive and valuable fish.
How To Catch Catfish Stardew Valley: Tips & Tricks
Though Catfish have a bit of a high difficulty level, players can easily catch them. Here are the key catching tips on How To Get Catfish.
- Improve Your Fishing Skill: Level up your fishing skill to make catching Catfish easier.
- Get the Iridium Rod: Purchase the Iridium Rod, the best fishing gear that allows you to attach tackles.
- Use the Cork Bobber: Attach the Cork Bobber tackle to increase the size of your fishing bar, making the mini-game easier.
- Eat +Fishing Food: Certain meals can temporarily boost your fishing skill, helping you catch difficult fish. Try Trout Soup or other recipes from Willy.
- Consider the Trap Bobber: This tackle slows down the fishing bar’s disappearance, giving you more time to catch the Catfish. It’s available at fishing level 6 and can be bought from Willy.
- Catching Time & Location: Head to rivers and Secret Woods ponds between 6 AM and 12 AM during Fall and spring when it’s raining to find Catfish.
- Community Center Bundle: You need one Catfish to complete the River Fish Bundle at the Community Center.
- Traveling Cart: If you prefer, you can buy a Catfish from the Traveling Cart for 600 to 1,000 gold.
- Garbage Cans: During Fall and spring, Catfish can sometimes be found inside Garbage Cans.
- Practice & Patience: Keep leveling up your fishing skill and use the right tackles to increase your chances of catching the Catfish successfully.
Catfish Stardew Valley Dishes
|Name||Description||Ingredients||Energy&Health||Recipe Source||Sell Price|
|Maki Roll||A delectable combination of fish and rice wrapped in seaweed.||Catfish (1)|
|Get “The Queen of Sauce” in Year 1 Summer 21, at Stardrop Saloon for 300g.||220g|
|Quality Fertilizer||Enhances the fertility of the soil, boosting the likelihood of cultivating high-quality crops. Simply blend it into the tilled soil.||Catfish (1)|
|N/A||Farming of Level 9.||10g|
|Sashimi||Raw fish in thin slices.||Catfish (1)||75|
|Get it in a Mail after achieving a three-hearts event with Linus.||75g|
Catfish Stardew Valley Quests
Players have the opportunity to complete various quests involving Catfish. The following quests revolve around the fish and offer rewards for their completion. You’ll need Catfish for two types of quests: “Item Delivery” and “Fishing” quests.
- During Spring and Fall Seasons, Catfish may be randomly requested on the “Help Wanted” board outside Pierre’s General Store. Completing this quest earns you gold and friendship points with the villager who asked for it. Keep a couple of Catfish stored in a chest to quickly complete the quest as soon as it appears.
- Additionally, Willy or Demetrius may ask for one to four Catfish in total for a “Fishing” quest, also found on the Quest Board. Unlike regular “Item Delivery” quests, you get to keep all the Catfish you catch for these fishing quests.
Catfish Stardew Valley Bundles
Players use Catfish in the Fish Tank’s River Fish Bundle, represented by the Teal.png icon. Adding Catfish to this bundle helps complete it and contributes to the overall progress in completing the Fish Tank community center bundle.
The Fish Tank is one of the sections within the Community Center that requires completion through bundles. The River Fish Bundle, represented by the Teal.png icon, is a part of the Fish Tank section. To complete this bundle, players need to contribute specific fish species found in the river.
Catfish Stardew Valley ID
The “Stardew Valley Catfish ID ” is a unique identifier for the Catfish item in the game. In computer programming and game development, items and characters are assigned specific numerical values as IDs. These IDs help distinguish one item from another in the game’s code. In this case, the Catfish has the specific ID of 143. It allows the game to recognize and handle the Catfish item for various in-game functions, such as spawning or cheats.
Obtaining Catfish With Item ID 143
To get the Catfish item, you can use its specific item ID, which is 143. This method works on all platforms, including PC/Mac (Steam), Xbox One, PS4, and the Nintendo Switch.
Spawning The Catfish Item
Instead of using commands, you’ll need to utilize the name of your character or an animal to spawn the Catfish item. Wrap the item code  around the chosen name.
Animal Name Method
If you prefer the animal name method, head to Marnie’s Ranch and purchase an animal. It’s recommended to choose a chicken due to its lower cost. Name the animal , and you’ll receive the Catfish item as a reward.
Character Name Method
For the character name method, keep in mind that you can only set your character’s name when creating your world at the start of the game. During the save creation, set your character’s name to . Whenever villagers mention your name in dialogue, like Gus at the Stardrop Saloon, you’ll be given the Catfish item.
Can’t Catch Catfish Stardew Valley?
Struggling to catch the elusive Catfish? Don’t worry; you’re not alone! The Catfish is a challenging fish to reel in due to its specific requirements for availability. Whether it’s the limited seasons, time of day, or specific weather conditions, landing this prized catch can be quite the feat. In this Catfish guide, we’ll explore the factors that make catching the Catfish difficult and provide helpful tips to increase your chances of success. Get ready to tackle this fishing challenge head-on and add the Catfish to your collection.
Difficulty Catching Catfish in Stardew Valley
- Seasonal Availability: Catfish can’t be caught in all seasons. They are available during the Spring and Fall seasons only.
- Time of Day: Catfish are active from 6 AM to 12 AM, meaning you won’t find them during the early morning or late-night hours.
- Weather Conditions: To successfully catch a Catfish, you need rainy weather. They won’t appear in any other weather types.
- Catfish Location Matters: Catfish are typically found in the River area near the town, so make sure to fish in the right location.
- Fishing Help Wanted Quests: During Winter, Willy might request a Catfish for a Fishing Help Wanted quest. Keep an eye on the bulletin board for this opportunity.
- Fishing Skill Level: Having a higher fishing skill level can increase your chances of catching difficult fish like the Catfish.
- Use Bait & Tackle: Equip bait on your fishing rod to attract fish more easily, and consider using tackle for extra benefits during fishing.
- Patience & Practice: Catching a catfish takes practice. Be patient and keep trying to improve your fishing skills.
Catfish Stardew Valley Questions & Answers
Q #1: Where to find Catfish Stardew valley?
Answer: You can find Catfish in the River area near the town.
Q #2: How to catch a Catfish?
Answer: To catch Catfish, fish in the River area near the town during the Fall and spring seasons, from 6 AM to 12 AM, on a rainy day.
Q #3: When to catch Catfish?
Answer: You can catch a Catfish during the Fall and spring seasons, from 6 AM to 12 AM, on a rainy day.
Q #4: What is the best place to find Catfish?
Answer: The best place for Catfish is in the River area near the town.
Q #5: How to find Catfish?
Answer: To find Catfish, follow these steps:
- Season: Catfish are available during the Spring and Fall seasons.
- Location: Head to the River area near the town. You’ll have a chance to catch Catfish there.
- Time: Catfish are active from 6 AM to 12 AM, so make sure to fish during this time frame.
- Weather: Look for rainy weather, as Catfish won’t appear in any other weather conditions.
- Equipements: Remember to equip bait on your fishing rod to attract fish more easily, and keep trying until you successfully catch the elusive Catfish.
Catfish Stardew Valley Wiki
The Catfish is a highly sought-after river fish that poses a delightful challenge for fishermen in the game. With its limited seasonal availability and specific spawning conditions, catching the Catfish can be an exciting endeavor. Here’s everything to know about this elusive fish, including its habitat, spawning patterns, and the best techniques to reel in this prized catch.
Habitat & Location: The River Dweller
The Catfish can be found lurking in the River area near the town. Its preferred habitat is the flowing waters of the river, making it a distinct catch for river fishing enthusiasts. Understanding its location is the first step in embarking on the quest to catch the elusive Catfish.
Seasonal Availability: Spring & Fall Challenge
The Catfish is a seasonal catch, available only during the Spring and Fall seasons. As these two seasons roll around, fishermen have a limited window of opportunity to try their luck in catching this prized fish. Patience and timing play a crucial role in maximizing the chances of encountering the Catfish during the right seasons.
Time of Day: A Nocturnal Hunter
The Catfish is an active nocturnal hunter, making it accessible for catching from 6 AM to 12 AM. Keeping an eye on the clock during fishing expeditions will ensure that you are in sync with the Catfish’s feeding habits, increasing the odds of a successful catch.
Weather Conditions: A Rainy Day’s Catch
The Catfish prefers rainy weather, and it won’t appear during other weather conditions. Fishing on a rainy day is key to encountering this elusive fish in the river. Monitor the weather report and seize the opportunity to fish on those wet days.
Fishing Tools & Techniques: Reeling In The Catfish
Having the right fishing tools is essential to tackle the challenge of catching the Catfish. Upgrading your fishing rod and equipping the appropriate bait will increase your chances of hooking this prized river catch. Experimenting with different fishing techniques can also prove fruitful in your quest to reel in the Catfish.
Utilizing The Catfish: Rewards & Benefits
Successfully catching the Catfish brings its rewards. From contributing to the Fish Tank’s River Fish Bundle to utilizing it in fish ponds for resource generation, the Catfish offers various benefits for your farm. Understanding how to maximize the Catfish’s potential is key to making the most of this prized catch.
The Thrill of The Catch
The Catfish in Stardew Valley presents fishing enthusiasts with an exciting challenge that requires strategic planning, timing, and perseverance. By mastering its seasonal availability, habitat, and fishing techniques, players can experience the thrill of reeling in this elusive river dweller. So, grab your fishing rod, head to the River area, and embark on an adventure to catch the prized Catfish in Stardew Valley.
Stardew Valley offers a fantastic opportunity to raise various fish species in fish ponds, including the elusive Catfish. Setting up a fish pond for Catfish can be a lucrative venture, providing a steady stream of income and valuable resources. Here is all about the process of establishing a Catfish fish pond, tips for maximizing profits, and the benefits it brings to your farm.
Stardew Valley Catfish Fish Pond Complete Guide
- Setting Up The Fish Pond: Begin by constructing a fish pond on your farm using 5 Copper Bars and 200 Stone. Once built, consider placing it near a water source to ensure the fish pond stays filled.
- Obtaining Catfish For The Fish Pond: To start breeding Catfish, you’ll need to acquire a single Catfish from fishing or purchase it from the Traveling Cart. After placing the Catfish into the fish pond, it will begin to reproduce over time.
- Creating An Optimal Environment: Maintaining a healthy environment for your Catfish is crucial. Ensure that the fish pond is surrounded by grass, as it acts as a natural cover for the fish. Additionally, keep the pond well-fed by adding fish pellets, which can be purchased from Willy’s Fish Shop.
- Harvesting & Profits: Catfish in fish ponds will generate valuable resources over time. Harvest the pond regularly to obtain Roe, which can be sold for a significant profit. Furthermore, Roe can be processed into valuable Caviar, fetching an even higher price when sold.
- Utilizing Fish Pond Produce: Apart from selling the harvested Roe or Caviar, you can also utilize them for other purposes. Use Roe to make Quality Fertilizer, improving crop quality, and Caviar to create high-value Artisan Goods like Oil Makers or Preserves Jars.
- Expansion & Diversification: As your farm progresses, consider expanding your fish pond collection. Raising multiple Catfish ponds or incorporating other valuable fish species can enhance your farm’s profitability significantly.
- Environmental Factors: Keep an eye on seasonal changes and weather conditions. Certain seasons may impact fish pond production, affecting reproduction rates and resource yields.
- Farming Skill & Efficiency: Increasing your fishing skill can lead to faster fish pond production and higher-quality fish. Additionally, maintaining your fish ponds’ efficiency through regular harvesting and feeding will optimize your overall profits.
The journey to catch the elusive Catfish in Stardew Valley is not only rewarding but also filled with adventure and learning. By understanding its seasonal availability and preferred habitats, as well as equipping ourselves with the right tools, we can increase our chances of landing this prized catch. As we explored the numerous ways to utilize the Catfish on our farm, we discovered its potential to contribute to bundles, provide a steady income through fish ponds, and even be processed into valuable artisan goods. So, let’s embrace the challenge and embark on fishing expeditions to master the art of catching the Catfish. With dedication and skill, the Catfish will become a valuable asset on our journey to build the most prosperous and thriving farm in Stardew Valley. Happy fishing.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may not be finding Catfish because they are only available in the River area near the town during the Fall and spring seasons, from 6 AM to 12 AM, and on rainy days.
The easiest way to get Catfish is by fishing in the River area near the town during the Fall and spring seasons.
Catfish spawn during the Fall and spring seasons.
The best times to catch Catfish are from 6 AM to 12 AM. During this time frame, you have a chance to find Catfish in the River area near the town, as long as it’s the Spring or Fall season and the weather is rainy.
To access the Secret Woods, go north of the Wizard Rasmodius’ tower, and west of where the Traveling Cart spawns, located at the forest’s corner. In a new game, you will encounter a fallen log blocking the passage, which you need to break using the right tool.